Meadow View Court
Extra Care Housing Schemes
Welcome to Meadow View Court, Rapport Housing & Care’s stylish and beautifully designed new extra care housing scheme in The Orpines, Wateringbury. The scheme comprises 51 one and two bedroom apartments, 27 of which are available to buy on the open market, two to buy through Older Person’s Shared Ownership (OPSO) and 22 are available to rent via the local authority, Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council.
Meadow View Court is the perfect solution for those aged 55 and over looking for a comfortable, safe home in an attractive and welcoming setting. At Meadow View Court, you can enjoy the privacy of your own beautifully finished modern apartment, whilst being part of a welcoming and vibrant community. Our scheme enables you to retain your independence, at the same time providing you with support. You will have the option to purchase flexible levels of care from our Caring Companions team, who operate our domiciliary service from 6am through until 10pm. A member of the housing team is also on site 24/7, giving you peace of mind.
Carefully designed exclusively for those aged 55 and over and with a high-quality finish, we have worked with the architects and an interior design team to craft a relaxed and inviting environment that will ensure you feel at home. At Meadow View Court, you can enjoy living in your own spacious apartment where fixtures and fittings have been conceived to make your life easier and more comfortable. From the design of the kitchen and bathroom, to the emergency call system, we have thought of everything, so you don’t have to. We recognise the difference that owning a pet can make to people’s lives and all our schemes, including Meadow View Court, have adopted our own Pets Policy.
- January – Building ‘topped out’
- March/April – Showflat expected to open
- May – Reservations accepted
- July/ August – Scheme completion and opening
Scheme facilities at Meadow View Court;
- Hair salon & therapy room
- Lounge with snug area/wood burner
- Air conditioned activity room
- Landscaped gardens and terrace
- Wheelchair accessibility to apartments and communal areas
- WIFI available in selected communal areas
- Lift access
- Off road car parking
- Mobility scooter store and charging points
- Support available with arranging activities and events
- Welcomes pets
- Fob access to building and apartments
General services include;
- Care packages which are person centred to meet your individual needs
- A housing management team ensures the smooth day-to-day running of the development
- Opportunity to contribute to and take part in events and activities
- Housing staff on-site 24 hours a day so there’s always someone there if you need assistance in an emergency
- External maintenance is included in the apartment service charge
- Handyman service if you need someone to change a light bulb, put up pictures, shelves or hang curtains**
- Washing and ironing can be carried out for you
** Additional charge applies
** Service charge covers in part depending on what you require
- Neutrally decorated and carpeted
- Emergency call system
- Audio door entry system
- Smoke detectors and sprinkler system
- Provision for a phone line, Sky, terrestrial TV and fast Internet
* Lower and ground floor only
- Fitted kitchen with appliances, coordinating tiles and worktops
- Induction hob and oven
- Integrated fridge freezer, washer/dryer and dishwasher**
- Quarter turn taps for ease of use
- Level access shower room
- Tiled and fitted with slip resistant vinyl flooring
- Quarter turn taps for ease of use
- Comfort height toilet
- Adaptable features
**Sale and OPSO apartments only
Buying Your Home
At Meadow View Court, 27 apartments are available to buy, those looking to buy their home can do so off plan. Rapport Housing & Care will be your landlord and will be responsible for arranging and carrying out maintenance to the building and grounds but as a leaseholder, you will be responsible for your own apartment, including any repairs, as well as paying a communal service and support charge, your council tax and utility bills. The scheme is heated via a centralised communal heating system, so residents benefit from the cost savings of buying gas in bulk and the efficiencies of a commercial modern heating system. You will be billed for the heat you use on a quarterly basis and able to view your usage either online, or on your heat meter.
In the future you/ your family can simply sell your apartment for the value you own at the time, to another eligible purchaser.
Rapport Housing & Care has over 50 years of experience in providing care and housing. We understand that buying a property and moving house can be stressful, so our experienced staff are on hand to help you through the process and make it a little bit easier, from start to finish.
Buying Your Home Through OPSO
Two one bedroom apartments are available to purchase through Older Person’s Shared Ownership (OPSO). When buying through OPSO at Wateringbury, you can purchase 25%, 50% or 75% (maximum share) of the property on a 125 year lease, whilst Rapport Housing & Care retains the other 25%, we will not charge you any rent for our share. By retaining 25%, Rapport Housing & Care will ensure that affordable homes for older people remain available for future purchasers.
To buy an apartment through OPSO you will need to meet the government’s Help to Buy criteria, which states that applicants cannot have an annual income of over £80,000. In addition, you will need to spend at least 50% of your capital (including the sale of your current home, if appropriate) on the purchase. You will be required to complete an application form so that your eligibility can be checked, our staff will be able to help you to do this. Further information on the Help to Buy scheme is also available at, www.helptobuyese.org.uk.
Renting Your Home
Twenty-two apartments are available on an affordable rent basis, through Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council (TMBC), working in conjunction with Kent County Council. Those wishing to rent an apartment will need to be nominated by TMBC, which will mean being accepted onto the council’s housing register. For more information on renting an apartment, please contact TMBC’s housing department on 01732 876067, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.