Extra Care Housing Schemes

Your own apartment with care, support & communal facilities on site

What are extra care housing schemes?

Our extra care housing schemes give you reassurance and peace of mind for the future, as well as independence, fulfilment and the opportunity to be a part of a vibrant community.

The schemes comprise a number of one and two bedroom apartments, alongside communal facilities and grounds. They support residents to live independently with security and privacy, in their own modern and spacious apartment with the reassurance that a member of housing staff is on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

We understand that making a move in later life can be daunting, so our friendly team are on hand to support you throughout the process. To discuss eligibility or find out more about our schemes, just give us a call.

Who is it suitable for?

Extra care housing is suitable for people who are largely independent but require some support and would like the peace of mind of living in a safe setting. Residents have their own apartments and their own front doors but enjoy an array of communal facilities and activities.

How do I apply?

Apartments within our schemes are available through a variety of tenures (dependant on scheme). All schemes offer apartments on an affordable rent basis, via the local authority. At some of our schemes, you can buy your apartment through Older Person’s Shared Ownership (OPSO), you buy 75% of the property and we retain the other 25%. No rent is payable on our share. To find out more about OPSO view our help sheet. Some of our schemes also offer apartments to buy on the open market. Regardless of the tenure type, to be eligible for our independent living schemes, applicants must be aged 55 or over and at least one of the applicants must have a minimum care and/or support need of 3.5 hours per week.

Let us help you get on the right track

Thanks for answering!

From the information we have gathered we have found the best solution for your situation to be the following:

Question 1

Do you require 24 hour care and support or are you largely independent, in need of a little bit of support?

Question 2

Would you prefer to rent a bedsit within a small house or to buy or rent an apartment within a scheme?

Extra Care Housing

Extra care housing refers to tenancy-based accommodation where the tenant lives in their own apartment – for which they pay rent – but receives care and support from a care provider of their choice.

View our homes More info

Supported Homes

Extra care housing refers to tenancy-based accommodation where the tenant lives in their own apartment – for which they pay rent – but receives care and support from a care provider of their choice.

More info

Residential Homes

Our residential care homes provide 24/7 care, compassion and companionship for older people who are finding it difficult to cope at home alone. Residents can choose to stay for respite (short term) care or a permanent move.

More info