Caring Companions is a home care service provided by Rapport Housing & Care. We provide older people with affordable and caring solutions through a range of high-quality personal home care services and we are registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) who regulate our services.
As a care team we are passionate, and extremely proud of our reputation and service. So if you would like to continue to live independently in our extra care housing scheme but need a little help to remain comfortable, Caring Companions could be the ideal solution for you. Our trained care team can give you as much or as little support as you need to help you keep your valuable freedom and independence.
We work closely with you and your family to ensure that your needs are met, delivering a high-quality service that is tailored to your individual needs and choices.
We offer entirely personalised care plan packages put together with you on your terms. You, and your family if you wish, decide when you are visited, how often and what we will support you with. Your choice always comes first.
Our care and support team is available to you every day to assist and encourage you to remain independent in your own home.
We understand that each person’s care and support needs are different, that’s why the care and support we offer can range from a 15-minute check to provide support with your medication administration needs, through to several visits each day.
Below are some examples of what we can offer support with;
• General housework and laundry
• Offering companionship, simple activities that make a difference such as reading, letter writing etc
• Managing your personal care, such as showering, getting dressed and getting you ready for the day
• Medication support, which could include administering and/or prompting
• Preparing meals, snacks and hot or cold drinks at times that suit you and assisting you to eat
• Shopping, with or for you, and accompanying you to appointments and events
• Getting ready for and getting in to bed
• Looking after your pet
• Organising an increased care and/or support package for you, should you fall ill or or require an increase in your level of support
Types of Care
We recognise that all people have individual care and support needs which is why our care packages are entirely bespoke; you may need someone to visit you three times a day or just twice a week. We understand that the little things, like how you like your bed made and how you take your tea are just as important as the bigger things.
We will work with you to understand what you would like from our service and then develop an individual plan.
Whether you need care whilst your loved one or carer is on holiday or a long-term permanent plan, why not contact us to discuss how we can support you through flexible individually tailored care.
Our Caring Companions team are available every day to support, encourage and enable you to remain independent within your own home.
We aim to send you the same carer as regularly as possible to maintain continuity of care. We feel this is a key element in ensuring you feel comfortable and confident with your carer, it also allows you and your carer to build a friendship as well as your professional relationship.
If a carer is unable to attend for any reason we will make every effort to advise you of the situation beforehand and reassure you another carer will be on hand to help instead.
All of our staff are fully checked through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure that they are safe to work with vulnerable people; they attend an extensive induction and training programme as well as regular refresher courses. Staff performance is monitored on a regular basis to ensure the standard of care and support provided is appropriate and meets your needs.
Our carers are identifiable, for your reassurance and safety, through company uniforms and photograph identification.
Rapport Housing & Care has over 50 years of experience in providing housing and care for older people and delivering person centred care remains our priority. We believe that our service users should feel safe, valued, comfortable and above all, happy.
Our own Academy and Centre of Excellence training scheme ensures we are developing our staff to deliver high quality care with a friendly approach and the ability to build rapport.
What can you expect from us?
• Ensure that staff are: welcoming, courteous and professional;
• Respond to your questions as quickly as possible and give you clear answers;
• Encourage and support you to do as much for yourself to maintain your independence;
• work out with you how best to achieve what you want;
• Ask you what you think about your home care service, so you can have a say in the service you receive;
• Tell you how much it will cost to meet your needs so you have a greater understanding and choice on how your money is spent. (We will ask you, or support you to complete a financial assessment form).