Work Underway on New Extra Care Housing Schemes

The Abbeyfield Kent Society's forthcoming extra care housing schemes in Larkfield and Tonbridge are progressing well.

Progress at the Tonbridge site as of May 2017
Progress at the Tonbridge site as of May 2017

The Society's new housing schemes in Larkfield and Tonbridge, both of which are due for completion in the spring of 2018, are progressing well, with the substructure block almost complete throughout at Tonbridge. 

At Larkfield, we are constructing 74 one and two bedroom apartments, all of which are to be available on an affordable rent basis, through Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council. The scheme will boast excellent communal facilities, as well as support on site and a 24/7 housing staff presence.

Our scheme in Tonbridge will comprise 59 one and two bedroom apartments, with 24 available for purchase through Older Peoples Shared Ownership (OPSO) and the rest available on an affordable rent basis, also through Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council. OPSO enables the resident to purchase 75% of the property at an affordable rate, whilst Abbeyfield Kent retains the other 25%. Buyers do not pay rent on the Society's share. By retaining 25%, we ensure our apartments remain available for future older generations. To find out more about OPSO, visit our new developments page

To be eligible for the Society's extra care housing, you must be aged 55 or over and have an assessed care and/or support need at a minimum of 3.5 hours per week. 

Those looking to rent will need to be nominated by Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council, which will mean being accepted on to their housing register.

Those looking to purchase will also need to fill in a Help to Buy application form, which is a government-backed scheme, for more information on this, click here or contact media@abbeyfieldkent.org. 

To register your interest in any of our properties, contact media@abbeyfieldkent.org or call 01634 729161.

Posted : 10/05/2017

More News from Head Office