Connors House Enjoys a Good old Sing Along
Residents at Connors House Residential Care Home enjoyed an afternoon of entertainment and sang a song or two.
Not letting the blustery weather dampen their afternoon, residents at Connors House were entertained by a lovely singer called Lizzie and her friend. They sang a lot of easy-listening songs accompanied by guitars, keyboard, and a beautiful sounding harp to name but a few!
Residents and their families, along with staff members, enjoyed the afternoon very much – their repertoire consisted of many different songs including Elvis’ Love me Tender at one of the resident’s requests.
Christine Devlin, home manager of Connors House commented, “It was very kind of Lizzie and her friend to give up their afternoon for our residents. It was wonderful to hear the residents all singing along too.
“It is lovely for them to all come together in the day room to enjoy something different. It was a real treat for all of us and was the topic of conversation for many days after.”
Posted : 29/11/2017
More News from Connors House, Canterbury
- Canterbury Residents Get Busy in Garden
Residents of Connors House Residential Care Home in Canterbury put their gardening skills to good use and decided to grow their own vegetables.
- Mum's the Word at Connors House
Staff of Connors House Residential Care Home in Canterbury made sure it was a Mother’s Day to remember for its residents and their families.
- Love is in the air for Residents' Valentine's tea Party
Romance was in the air at Connors House Residential Care Home on Valentine's Day, when residents gathered together for a special Valentine's themed afternoon tea.
- Canterbury Residents Relish Painting and Pancakes
Residents of Connors House Care Home in Canterbury enjoyed some flipping good fun on Shrove Tuesday, getting into the spirit of Valentine's Day too!
- School Children Join Canterbury Residents for Carols
Residents of Connors House Residential Care Home welcomed visitors for a day of Christmas cheer and singing carols together.
- Canterbury Care Home Residents Sing the Blues
Residents at Connors House Residential Care Home got into the festive spirit and enjoyed an afternoon of singing and dancing!
- Connors House Enjoys a Good old Sing Along
Residents at Connors House Residential Care Home enjoyed an afternoon of entertainment and sang a song or two.
- Connors House's Christmas Cake Sale Raises Cash for Residents
Kitchen staff at Connors House Residential Care Home got into the spirit of Christmas by baking an array of festive delicacies, to raise money for the residents of the home.
- Canterbury Residents Carve Creepy Pumpkins
Getting into the spooky spirit of Halloween, residents of Connors House Residential Care Home spent a morning carving pumpkins, ahead of fright night.
- Snow White Sings for Residents
Residents of Connors House in Canterbury were invited to a magical land this weekend, when Snow White visited the Craddock Road residential care home.
- Canterbury Care Home’s Summer Fete Raises Cash for Residents
Connors House Residential Care Home hosted its annual summer fete on Saturday 9th September, raising £250 for the residents of the home.
- Bake off Fever Hits Connors House
Plenty of tasty tea and cake was on the menu this week for Connors House Residential Care Home residents, as they enjoyed an alfresco afternoon tea party.
- Lettuce Enjoy the Garden say Connors House Residents
Residents of Connors House Residential Care Home pulled on their gardening gloves for an alfresco afternoon sprucing up the outside areas.
- Life's a Beach at Connors House
Surrounded by seagulls, blue skies and salty sea, residents of the Craddock Road residential care home were transported to a reminiscent seaside setting.
- Connors House Fires up the BBQ to Celebrate 50 Years of History
From humble beginnings in Kingswood Road, Gillingham, The Abbeyfield Kent Society has grown to become the biggest independent Abbeyfield in the world. In May, it celebrated its 50th anniversary.
- Residents Take Afternoon Tea Alfresco
With summer well and truly on its way, residents of Connors House Residential Care Home opted to enjoy the heatwave and take their afternoon tea outside.
- Preparing Lunch is Easy as Pie for Canterbury Care Home Residents
Whilst many of us might be thrilled at the thought of having our lunch prepared for us each day, residents at Connors House in Canterbury, decided they’d like to cook for themselves for a change!
- Canterbury Residents Enjoy Eggcellent Week of Easter Activities
Residents at Connors House Care Home in Canterbury enjoyed an Easter themed egg-xtravaganza of activities and events over the weekend.
- Canterbury Residents Relish Romantic Valentine’s Celebrations
Staff at Connors House Care Home in Canterbury hosted a special Valentine’s themed celebration for the residents of the home on Tuesday 14th February.
- Canterbury Residents Make Pizzas for National Pizza Day
Residents of Connors House Care Home in Canterbury grabbed a slice of the action on National Pizza Day, and spent a morning making their own tasty pizzas from scratch.
- Sheriff of Canterbury Visits Connors House
Sheriff of Canterbury, Councillor Rosemary Doyle, made a festive visit to meet the residents and staff at Connors House Care Home in Canterbury.
- Connors House Hosts Fundraising Restaurant Night
Residents and their loved ones indulged in a special night of fine dining at Connors House Care Home in Canterbury, when staff treated them to a restaurant themed evening.
- Activities at Connors House Boost Residents' Health
After years of being unable to write anything at all, Pat Sharpe, a resident at Connors House in Canterbury, has signed her first birthday card for several years.
- Canterbury Residents get Creative With Scrapbooking Session
Residents of Connors House Care Home in Canterbury spent a chilly autumn afternoon releasing their inner artists and getting stuck in to their scrapbooks.
- Bake Off Inspires Connors House Residents
The smell of freshly baked treats filled the corridors of the Canterbury care home, as the residents turned their hand to making a delicious batch of pasties.
- Connors House Summer Fete Raises £190 for Residents
Connors House Residential Home in Canterbury hosted its annual summer fete on Friday 26th August, raising £190 for the residents of the home.
- Keen Painters and Residents Meet for Tea
Two residents and keen artists from separate Abbeyfield Kent care homes spent an afternoon meeting one another and discussing their love of painting over afternoon tea.
- Connors House Commemorates Dementia Awareness Week
Staff and residents at Connors House Residential Home in Canterbury have embraced a week of activities to raise awareness and commemorate Dementia Awareness Week.
- Connors House Hosts Courtyard Opening Event
Residents, their relatives and staff at Connors House Residential Home were joined by guests, for the official opening of their revamped courtyard.
- Sons and Daughters Join Mums for Afternoon Tea
A number of sons and daughters joined their mothers at Connors House Residential Home on Mother’s Day, where they celebrated with a special afternoon tea.
- Therapy Doll Relaxes Residents With Dementia
Mavis, a resident at Connors House, has been living with dementia for quite some time at the Canterbury residential home, however, a new addition to the home as bought her a new lease of life.
- Canterbury Residents Stitch, Fasten and Paint to Make Handmade Gifts
Residents at Connors House Residential Home in Canterbury have been busy embracing their inner artists, making an array of handmade gifts to sell within the home.
- Canterbury Residents Enjoy Festive Visit from Music in Hosptials
Residents of Connors House Residential Home in Canterbury were treated to a special festive visit from Music in Hospitals, ahead of the Christmas celebrations.
- Canterbury Residents Enjoy Cracking Christmas Party
Residents of Connors House Residential Home in Canterbury got into the festive spirit with a celebratory party to kick-start the Christmas celebrations.
- Canterbury Residents get Creative With Local Drama Students
Residents at Connors House are working with local drama students, StAGEs Performance Collective for six weeks of artistic activities.
- Canterbury Residents Relish Bonfire Night Bonanza
Residents, staff and associates of Connors House Residential Home in Canterbury, came together on Bonfire Night to celebrate the refurbishment of their courtyard and enjoy some fireworks and fun.
- Canterbury Residents Meet Curious Creatures
Residents at Connors House were delighted to be visited by a variety of unusual creatures as part of an animal workshop activity at the Canterbury residential home.
- Canterbury Care Home’s Summer Fete Raises Funds for Residents
On Saturday 1st August, staff and residents of Connors House Residential Home were joined by relatives and friends, for the home’s annual summer fete.
- Beach Day Brings Nostalgia & 99s for Canterbury Residents
Residents of Connors House in Canterbury made the most of the summer sunshine and headed out to enjoy a day at the Great British Seaside.
- Connors House Hosting Summer Fete Saturday 1st August!
Are you looking for something fun to keep the kids busy this weekend? Look no further, head down to Connors House in Craddock Road, Canterbury to connect with the local community and enjoy an afternoon of fun.
- Connors House's Quiz Night Raises Funds for Wish Appeal
Staff, residents, their relatives and friends of Connors House came together on Friday 26th June for an evening of friendly competition at the home’s quiz night.
- Baking is Piece of Cake for Canterbury Residents
Residents of Connors House spent a sunny morning socialising with one another and whipping up a batch of delicious homemade treats.
- Musical Visitors Create a Buzz at Connors House
Residents of Connors House enjoyed a stimulating afternoon of singing and dancing, when they were visited by Music in Hospitals for a special performance.
- Residents Relish Alfresco Coffee Morning
Residents of Connors House in Canterbury made the most of the warm spring sunshine and enjoyed an alfresco coffee morning in the home’s garden.
- Canterbury Residents get Garden Ready for Spring
Residents of Connors House in Canterbury got into the spirit of spring with an afternoon trip to the local garden centre.
- Canterbury Residents Enjoy Cracking Easter Weekend
Residents of Connors House in Canterbury got into the spirit of spring, with a range of eggcellent activities over the Bank Holiday Easter Weekend.
- Connors House Hosts Mother's Day Party
Residents at Connors House celebrated Mother’s Day with their sons and daughters at a special celebratory party at the Canterbury residential home.
- Canterbury Care Home Residents Watch Festive Panto
Canterbury residents took a trip a magic carpet ride to the Far East when they visited their local theatre to watch the annual festive pantomime, Aladdin.
- Canterbury Drama Students Work With Care Home Residents
Drama students from the University of Kent spent six weeks getting to know residents at Connors House in Canterbury through a range of fun activities.
- A Traditional Family Christmas at Connors House
For most of us, Christmas is about spending time with your family and loved ones and in The Abbeyfield Kent Society’s residential homes, it’s no different. Christine Devlin, Home Manager of Connors House tells us how she celebrates Christmas with residents at the Canterbury home.
- Connors House Residents get in to the Spooky Spirit
Residents at Connors House enjoyed an afternoon of spooky and creative fun, getting in to the Halloween spirit.
- Care Home Couple as Loved up as Wedding Day
Together for almost 60 years, resident Connors House couple, Tom and Jean are still as in love as the day they first met.
- Canterbury Care Home Grants Resident’s Picnic Wish
The Wish Appeal has granted Connors House resident, Joan Davies’ wish to have a private picnic in the sun with her family.
- Canterbury Residents Celebrate 60 Years of Marriage
John and Barbara Martin, residents at Connors House in Canterbury celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary on Thursday 13th March.